Good morning to you all, I just thought post a blog on this the first morning of our new prayer initiative. I am so grateful that you have felt led to join Ben and I and I'm trusting that our numbers will grow day by day.
I felt I should just explain in a little more depth how WHiP has come around and invite you to share your hearts with regard to the need for prayer at this time. I'm not a super spiritual person and I'm not the best at expressing my faith, I certainly wouldn't claim to be a person who easily hears from God. However, God has a way of making Himself heard and breaking through the barriers of even the most reluctant responder! over the last few weeks I have felt increasingly burdened (forgive the jargon!) by the belief that God is calling His people to prayer, and is building an army of prayer warriors, regular ordinary folk like you and me who feel ready to respond and uphold our increasingly wounded world in prayer.
During this period of musing, praying and generally thinking about how to proceed I believe God gave me an image to encourage us and guide us. I'm sure it's something that you have all thought of before and it's certainly not new! The image of a pond with ripples radiating out from its centre just kept coming to mind, or appearing in pictures everywhere I looked.
As I said this is nothing new but what seemed to important to me is that once a pebble, stone or rock is thrown in to a pond, and the ripples begin to spread, nothing can impede their progress, if reeds, weeds, rocks, old bicycles are in their path the ripple simply breaks around it and encircles it!
So, ladies (and Ben!) consider yourselves to be rocks for the Lord, we are to throw ourselves into the pond and our prayers, individually and corporately will ripple, radiating out to reach and encircle our immediate neighbourhoods, our nation and our world!
I've actually managed to find an image that encompasses the world and ripples in a pond, wow!
Enough of my rambling thoughts, once again, thank you for joining with me on what will be an adventure!
Yours in the Lord,
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment